She Is Not 'The Rape Victim', She Is A Warrior
You show this world that you care by saying "shame on you RAPIST" but you have no shame for yourself for making and sharing videos of the girl, who was unconscious just after being raped. Is it what proves you pious? Is it what proves that you have taken a step for the girl?
Did you know? Rape is the fourth most common crime against women in India, and over 26,000 cases of rape have been reported in India. Also, another interesting piece of trivia, almost 98% of these were committed by a person known to the victim. I wonder who are worse, the 98% to do such a thing to someone who trusts you, or the other 2% to do it to a stranger in the bus.
Universe In A Boot
Since I was a little girl, I was taught to behave in a specific way because I'm a girl, to dream specific dreams that are only allowed for girls, such as taking a good degree - not to make a successful career, but to marry a good rich man with a high position in society, so I can live happily ever after.
A Pressing Need
Forget the negative press feminists have always faced. We are always deemed as angry, single and lonely women with 10 cats who hate men and are working very hard to challenge the position of men in today's society. When in fact, we are just a bunch of bomb-ass intelligent women and girls who are breaking boundaries and pushing for the social, political and economic equality of the sexes.
Broken Angels: Evil Behind Child Rape
Children are targeted by "demons" because they are vulnerable, easy to be manipulated and threatened. In some parts of the Philippines, 1 in 5 children below 18 experiences sexual abuse while growing up. The perpetrators are always male relatives. The common perpetrators of sexual abuse are brothers, cousins, fathers, stepfathers or even neighbors…
Feminism - Cultures, Stories & Change
I deserve to get equal education rights as any boy, and I deserve to get equal wages as my male counterparts. It is about receiving equal status and social respect as any other fellow. Sadly, many women in different parts of the world aren’t getting those rights. Feminism isn’t about man-hating, and if you think “why do we need feminism?”, then look at our community where girls are sexually harassed, a three year old girl is getting raped, a wife is suffering acid attacks from her husband because he didn’t like her face.
Abusive Relationships... A Big NO!
When a woman is beaten by her husband or any other family member, at least she has some sympathy of the people around her if no actual support. But when a woman is bashed, bullied, doubted, accused and harassed in her own home, by her own husband, no one tries to understand her condition and no one supports her.
An Empowered Woman
Later in the evening, she sits on a chair in her kitchen facing the window, looking at the tree swaying just as a bird sits on top of it. It moves and shakes from the core of its roots, as if jolted by an earthquake, but she notices, it's still standing tall, with a bark so strong that no matter how rough the weather is, no matter how many birds sit on it, it will stay where it is. ‘I am this tree’, she tells herself.
They Call Women Goddesses In My Country
They want their women as goddesses, demure, soft and play-doh like, cold, with all their fire extinguished, on an altar, where they can see what’s between their legs and rape them behind closed doors, inside temple walls, all the while calling them goddesses and queens and whatnot.
Women Empowerment is NOT Over
I am only 18, I've not faced so much discrimination, but from the stories I've read, I know what I might face in the nearby future. Walking into offices and getting judged immediately I get there because of being a woman. My opinions getting overlooked because I am a woman. But I'm not willing to face any of that, not when I have the strength of a lioness flowing through me.
Say No to Rape
Here in Malawi, we have some traditional beliefs that violate women's rights. It is really okay to respect beliefs we have in our societies, but not all traditions are meant to be followed. How can it be a tradition for girls to be made to have sex with a paid sex worker known as a "Hyena" once they reach puberty?